Saturday, June 9, 2012

Time To Play Catch Up

So it has definitely been a very long while since I've posted anything and so much as happened! Needless to say, the rest of my Europe trip won't make it online but I doubt that will hurt anyone's feelings.


After getting back from Europe I worked my last few months at the Auburn Alumni Association in the Program Services department. After saying good-bye in August, I started a whirlwind period at Make-A-Wish Georgia and Alabama. I began as an intern in the Program Services department working directly with wish referrals, families waiting for the process to begin and wish families attending events. I worked as an intern from August till December 6. Towards the end of my time - when I should have been looking for a job and wasn't - God was looking out for me as the CEO offered me a job as the Office Coordinator.


Over the next several months lots of change happened and by October 2011 the new CEO John was ready to make some changes. One of the being for me to become his Executive Coordinator (so less than 10 months I had my first promotion - and in my mind and in others it was one well deserved). I was excited to hire my first employee less than one month later and I still think she is the best first hire!!


Then in April, God allowed further change to happen in my career. I was offered the position of Community Events Coordinator in the Atlanta office. On May 1, my second promotion began. There has been time of change and transition as the new Executive Coordinator was hired and started - she's an Auburn grad so of course I approve :). I've been finding myself in the new job and seeing as it is the first time I've had to ask for money through events I become excited at the new prospects ahead of me.


On the personal side, I still knit - often. Hopefully pictures will be coming soon. I just installed internet at the apartment so that I can keep better in touch with family and friends.


I also have a beautiful goddaughter - Juliana - she is 16 months old and I'm sure that I'll mention her more than once as I continue to blog. She is a joy and delight to see as each time she's bigger! She and her family live 5 hours from me so that makes it hard to see her often.


God has blessed me with two very dear and wonderful friends, Jordyn and Megan, but they live so far! I am thankful that He has seen fit to give us the relationships that can adapt and change but still remain.


That's all for the moment.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment